The BSBWHS201A learner guide introduces students to occupational health and safety in the medical environment. It provides relevant information, practical scenarios, and industry information for the support of student learning. This material is intended for students who have no formal background, skills or knowledge in a medical environment. It is suitable for students in a range of situations, from classroom based learning to distance education learning.
This learner guide addresses the competency requirements for BSBWHS201A. It provides learners with the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to participate in workplace occupational health and safety processes to protect workers own health and safety and that of others.
Learners will achieve key learning outcomes with this resource, which is written specifically for the Australian medical environment.
This learner guide is developed as a step-by-step learning guide. Learners are provided with activities to work through in each area. The following features are also contained in the resources:
- Each performance criteria of BSBWHS201A is covered in detail, and includes practical activities to ensure competency of learners
- Written for the Victorian medical environment, in clear understandable language
- not complete yet
- At the end of each chapter there are self review questions. Students can perform these true and false questions in their own time, and check their results against the answers provided
- In the final section of the learner guide there are 4 revision sheets, which are a combination of short answer questions, fill in the gaps, choose the correct answer, etc. These do not have answers provided, so students can do them in class as part of their formal review
- A glossary with the descriptions of relevant terms
- This resource meets all the requirements of the nationally recognised training, which can be found by clicking on the following link https://training.gov.au/Training/Details/BSBWHS201A
Table of contents for BSBWHS201A (click to download pdf of table of contents)