The BSBMED302 learner guide introduces students to the medical environment. This resource provides relevant information, practical scenarios, and industry information for the support of student learning. This material is intended for students who have no formal background, skills or knowledge in a medical environment. It is suitable for students in a range of situations, from classroom based learning to distance education learning.
This learner guide addresses the competency requirements for BSBMED302. It provides learners with the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to provide advice to patients regarding fee structures and process referrals, and to prepare and process medical accounts for a range of patients.
Learners will achieve key learning outcomes with this resource, which is written specifically for the Australian medical environment.
This learner guide is developed as a step-by-step learning guide. Learners are provided with activities to work through in each area. The following features are also contained in the resources:
- Each performance criteria of BSBMED302 is covered in detail, and includes practical activities to ensure competency of learners
- Written for the Australian medical environment, in clear understandable language
- Provides current years Medicare, Workers Compensation and Veteran’s Affairs items numbers and fees which are updated annually
- At the end of each chapter there are self review questions. Students can perform these true and false questions in their own time, and check their results against the answers provided
- In the final section of the learner guide there are 4 revision sheets, which are a combination of short answer questions, fill in the gaps, choose the correct answer, etc. These do not have answers provided, so students can do them in class as part of their formal review
- A glossary with the descriptions of relevant terms.
- This resource meets all the requirements of the nationally recognised training, which can be found by clicking on the following link https://training.gov.au/Training/Details/BSBMED302
Table of contents for BSBMED302B (click to download pdf of table of contents)