The HLTIN301 learner guide introduces students to infection control in a health environment. It provides relevant information, practical scenarios, and industry information for the support of student learning. This material is suited to students who have no formal background, skills or knowledge in a health care environment, although it is primarily intended for health care workers who are wanting to obtain a current qualification in infection control. It is suitable for students in a range of situations, from classroom based learning to distance education learning.
This HLTIN301 learner guide addresses the competency requirements for HLTIN301. It provides learners with the performance outcomes, skills and knowledge required to comply with infections control policies and procedures. All procedures must be carried out in accordance with current infection control guidelines, Australian and New Zealand Standards for maintaining infection control and the policies and procedures of the health organisation.
Learners will achieve key learning outcomes with this resource, which is written specifically for the Australian medical administration environment.
This HLTIN301 learner guide is developed as a step-by-step learning guide. Learners are provided with activities to work through in each area. The following features are also contained in the resources:
- Each performance criteria of HLTIN301 is covered in detail, and includes practical activities to ensure competency of learners
- Written for the Australian medical environment, in clear understandable language
- Each criteria covered is specific to the health care environment
- Each Chapter has a section called “Putting it into practice” which provides actions for reducing the transmission of infection in a workplace. It is intended that participants working in a health or medical environment would be able to use these activities to reinforce learning from each chapter of the book
- At the end of each chapter there are self review questions. Students can perform these true and false questions in their own time, and check their results against the answers provided
- In the final section of the learner guide there are 4 revision sheets, which are a combination of short answer questions, fill in the gaps, choose the correct answer, etc. These do not have answers provided, so students can do them in class as part of their formal review
- A glossary with the descriptions of relevant terms.
- This resource meets all the requirements of the nationally recognised training, which can be found by clicking on the following link https://training.gov.au/Training/Details/HLTIN301
Table of contents for HLTIN301C (click to download pdf of table of contents)